Clinic Medical Director
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2022
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Strong healthcare operations leader and practicing clinician responsible for the oversight of a Carbon Health clinic within a region. A successful Clinic Medical Director is intrinsically motivated, challenge-driven, rethinks traditions and genuinely cares about employees and patients. The Clinic Medical Director acts with an owner’s mindset, cultivating new ideas for driving business performance by leading the clinic team, managing financial outcomes, and supporting patient retention and growth through effective operations and direct patient care.
The Mayfair Collection 11415 W. Burleigh St. Suite #103, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
The Historic Third Ward Projected for late 2023
- Collaborate: Shares information with others so there are no surprises; facilitates effective collaboration among clinic medical directors, clinic managers, and external partners
- Drive Outcomes: Eliminates obstacles that affect organizational performance
- Influence and Inform: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations; facilitates management of differences by addressing them openly and encouraging mutually beneficial resolutions
- Demonstrate Accountability: Acts with a clear sense of ownership with exceptional organization and time management skills; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for delivering, monitoring and measuring results
- Manage through Ambiguity: Coaches others in finding solutions and accomplishing goals despite incomplete information
- Develop Self & Others: Provide real-time coaching to others, mentors key talent and takes significant action for effectiveness in current and future job
What You'll Do
- Patient Care
- Deliver up-to-date, evidence-based, and compassionate care to patients in clinic
- Supervise clinical care performed by clinician team of physicians, PAs and NPs
- Effectively communicate and operationalize Carbon Health’s mission, vision and values
- Engage in special projects related to clinical quality improvement and innovation
- Lead regular team meetings, resolve conflict, motivate employees and foster a culture of communication that promotes employee retention and the highest quality of patient care
- In partnership with the Clinic Manager, set, communicate and maintain the highest quality of care and safety standards
- Approximately 30 hours per week of direct patient care.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of financial statements, clinic billing procedures and all insurance types and payor guidelines; adjusts, in coordination with district and regional leadership
- Responsible for being up-to-date and knowledgeable with regard to diagnostic and procedure coding, and how it affects reimbursement (training staff as needed)
- Institute necessary modifications to procedures and clinic resource commitments as financial changes dictate
- Inspirational leader who encourages their team to solve their own problems, empowers through communication, feedback and recognition
- Interview, onboard and mentor clinician team
- Identify clinical and patient experience educational opportunities for your team
- Perform chart audits and one-to-one evaluations of clinicians on a monthly basis
- Manage payroll targets; create and maintain clinician schedule for your sites
- Respond to patient and staff complaints regarding clinicians
- Maintain a high-standard of patient care that amplifies patient experience goals to ensure NPS scores are met and exceeded
- Identify, plan and participate in marketing activities and community events that increase patient volume and engagement
- Active MD or DO license, Board Certified or Board Eligible; Family, IM/Peds or Emergency Medicine
- Minimum 2 years of experience in ER, urgent care or similar setting
- Ability to consult and treat patients of all ages
- 1+ year leading others in a healthcare setting
- Understanding of financial statements, P&L management and HR business processes
- Active listener that uses soft skills to build and maintain trusting relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, time management, planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
No direct/indirect agency solicitations please. Thank you!
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off - NEW wRVU bonus plan!
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered with tail
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include DynaMedex, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.