Accounting & Finance
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
To effectively review your experience, please provide a resume in English. The ability to read, write, and speak English is required.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
In this exciting role, you will be a member of the Finance team and will make a meaningful impact as you invent the foundation and grow the accounting function in partnership with the Corporate Controller. In this fast-growing, dynamic company, you will collaborate with Carbon’s internal teams and provide a framework for the business to measure and understand performance. Join Carbon and make a difference!
What You'll Do
- Execute monthly Corporate Accounting close procedures and deliverables over various accounts (e.g., cash, prepaid, fixed assets, leases, accruals/reserves, debt, allocations, insurance, and equity)
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics for relevant areas
- Execute monthly close for Company’s Colombia-based operations
- Assist in driving continuous improvement and reduced cycle time in the monthly close process through the increased utilization of technology and tools, implementation of standard operating procedures, and other efficiency measures
- Support internal control assessments and establish and maintain effective design and operational effectiveness of internal controls of assigned processes
- Assist in the implementation of processes and controls to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and Corporate accounting standards/policies
- Coordinate with and support external auditors for annual audit
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Hands-on and robust work ethic with a passion for a high-growth environment
- You can build trust and collaborate well with internal and external groups
- You have exceptional project management, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- You have the desire to challenge the status quo to improve and streamline processes for increased efficiency and scale
- Hands-on experience in the Accounting lifecycle
- You are a creative and strategic thinker
- Your work well individually
- Big 4 Firm experience require
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related area
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced communications skills in English required: written and oral
- CPA license or equivalent preferred
- Scaling/process improvement experience
- Systems: NetSuite, Blackline
- Accounting experience with a start-up company (preferred)
Job Scam Alert! Scammers are sending job scam emails pretending to be recruiters at Carbon Health. These emails are designed to trick candidates into applying for jobs that require candidates to provide personal information and potentially engage in criminal activity. If someone from Carbon Health reaches out to you, we will not keep the conversation on the social platform. Rather, we’ll use the platform to make contact and will move the conversation to phone/email. All Carbon Health emails will have the @carbonhealth.com domain—it will never have any other domain attached to the email address. We will never ask you to do a job interview over Zoom, Messenger, Telegram, Teams or Skype. We use Google Meet only. Additionally, any efforts to make contact through social media or email in regards to a job will also inform you of an open position we have and will direct you to apply directly on our site.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
See more open positions at Carbon Health
Something looks off?