Martinez, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
As a Carbon Health Supervising Physician, you will join a growing community of healthcare providers and support a team of Advanced Practice Clinicians in delivering compassionate, evidence-based care. You will enjoy flexible scheduling working in-clinic as a per diem physician at minimum 2 shifts per month with the remainder of the time providing supervision remotely.
What You'll Do
- Work in-clinic 2 shifts per month
- Be available for messaging or phone consultations (usually between 8am-8pm) for urgent care or primary care cases from Advanced Practice Clinicians (not patients) within 15 minutes of request. No need to be present in clinic for consultations.
- Conduct monthly or quarterly in-person or virtual visits with Advanced Practice Clinicians as needed per state guidelines to provider individualized feedback and teaching based on consultations and chart reviews
- Review and sign 5% of charts as listed in your task list each day you are on call (signatures are expected within 72 hours of shift)
- Review and sign 100% of charts for which controlled substances were prescribed or administered (signatures are expected within 72 hours of shift)
- Provide chart reviews as mandated by individual state legislation
- Escalate any concerns to the Clinician Manager or Regional Clinical Director
- BC/BE MD or DO - Family Medicine, IM/Peds, or Emergency Medicine
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Active medical licenses (in good standing)
- Excellent clinical teaching and attention to detail
- Passion for relationship-driven, human-centered primary and urgent care
- Commitment to lifelong learning of evidence-based medicine
- Ability to learn and use technology to manage the patient care
- Desire to provide input to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off - NEW wRVU bonus plan!
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered with tail
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include DynaMedex, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.