Travel Team - Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
Carbon Health’s travel team is an enriching clinical role and leadership incubator for experienced Advanced Practice Clinicians. This team will provide care in multiple, diverse locations across a region. As a clinical leader who delivers evidence-based, compassionate urgent care to patients of all ages, this opportunity will provide flexibility, challenging work, and leadership development.
This role includes a competitive compensation package, reimbursement for travel and lodging, plus malpractice insurance and full employee benefits. This seasoned clinician will role model as a culture champion traveling to new clinics in new markets as needed, fill in for other clinicians who are on leave, and, if interested, develop into a future clinical leader.
What You'll Do
- Practice the full scope of Urgent Care, including obtaining thorough history & exams; formulating assessments & treatment plans; interpreting lab results, x-rays, and EKGs; and performing Urgent Care procedures for patients of all ages
- Work with a team of medical assistants, X-ray technicians, and support staff to deliver compassionate, patient-centered, evidence-based care
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, and lab results while on shift
- Collaborate and consult with remote supervising physician as needed
- Work 3+ shifts each week at assigned site
- Valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with current national certification
- Maintain a controlled substance license along with an unrestricted Massachusetts DEA license
- Minimum 2+ years experience in emergency medicine and/or urgent care
- Ability to manage patients of all ages
- Flexible and willing to travel to cover open shifts within the state of Massachusetts
- Ability to work two full weekends per month
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times
No direct/indirect agency solicitations please. Thank you!
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off - NEW wRVU bonus plan!
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.