Palm Desert, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
The Referral Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating the care, referrals and insurance authorization of Workplace Health patients seeking care for Workers Compensation claims. Additionally, you may assist with greeting and registering patients, as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multitask, think on your feet and work independently. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, detailed oriented, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
What You'll Do
- Work onsite in the clinic and coordinate documentation between Carbon Health clinic teams and appropriate adjusters, insurer, employers and patients
- Manage care coordination for Workplace Health patients receiving care for workers compensation visits including but not limited to: Gathering claim numbers, authorization for clinic visits, authorizations for specialists
- Ensure timely follow-up with Carbon Health providers and specialty providers
- Gain required documentation from specialists involved in care of patients and schedule patients through different modalities
- Serve as specialist for employer based services and questions including: Follow-up regarding patient care results, answer service questions from the employers and review employer billing for accuracy and completeness
- Administrative work such as finalizing state workers compensation forms, tracking care status of workers compensation patients
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Experience working in a medical office
- Detailed oriented to ensure accurate and documented follow-up of patient care
- Familiarity with Apple products, including iPads and Mac desktops
- Familiarity with Google Suite products, including Google Sheets, docs and slides
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stress-full situations (high volume of patients that walk in and need to be registered, calling 911 and directing paramedics to patients that must be sent to the ER, etc)
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM with great communication skills both over the phone and email
- Experience and familiarity with workers compensation claims, state regulations, medical provider networks and workers comp insurance
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.