Medical Assistant - Urgent Care (Part-Time)
Hialeah, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
As a Primary Care office, we see a wide range of mostly lower acuity patients including pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients with a focus on excellent continuity of care and wellness.
We are searching for a Primary Care Medical Assistant who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. You would take vitals, room patients, clean rooms, and assist with procedures. We are looking for someone with availability and flexibility to work Mondays
Open to work weekdays, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
Schedule: Part-Time 20+ hours a week
Location: 915 W 49th St, Hialeah, FL 33012
Hours of Operation: 9:00 am -8:00 pm
What You’ll Do
- Assist patients and take vital signs including blood pressure, weight, height, pulse, O2 levels, temperature, and review medical history
- Have the knowledge and ability to perform specific procedures including the use of assigned equipment such as blood draws, EKGs, ear lavage, spirometer, etc.
- Order and maintain clinical supplies
- Coordinate action plan with assigned provider
- Set up, maintain exam/treatment rooms and adequate medical supplies
- Assist provider as directed, including referral coordination, medication reconciliation processes, prior-auths, annual physicals and wellness visits, and related prescription management tasks
- Assist provider in specific procedures including laceration repair, toenail removal, suture and staple removal, etc.
- Administer and document immunizations and injections
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS certification
- 1+ years experience as a Medical Assistant (primary care is highly preferred)
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Extensive phlebotomy, injections, and testing experience
- Great communication skills; Convey information clearly in writing and verbally
- Strives in a fast-paced environment and stays calm during stressful situations
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.