Software Engineer, FE, Consumer App - Backend Leaning Fullstack
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enabled healthcare platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up, putting patient care first.
In this role, you will be part of an engineering team working with product, design, operations, clinicians, and data science to bring a world-class patient experience to Carbon patients. As a healthcare provider focused on healthcare accessibility, Carbon is committed to creating an amazing patient experience at an extremely affordable price point. Problem areas include:
Patient App: creating a delightful, accessible, mobile-first and desktop-friendly patient experience and architecting the application
Accessibility: Improving Carbon’s accessibility and availability to different populations
Clinic technology: Build world-class tools for improving communication, check-in, and wait experience for patients in the clinic
Virtual Care: connecting patients with providers, no matter where they are.
Messaging: Enabling communication between patients and providers easier and faster
What You'll Do
- Work with product, design, and data science to develop a long-term patient-facing roadmap
- Improve the patient application on ios, android, and web
- Push for a fast execution, continuous delivery environmentBuild tools to provide patients a complete view of their health, including interactions at Carbon and beyond
- Advance the Carbon patient-facing experience, including mobile, web, and clinic apps
- You genuinely care about the end-user experience, not just implementing the spec
- You love your craft and continuously learning new tools and technologies
- You’re excited to work with a distributed team and understand the need for high levels of communication and self-direction
- 2+ years of experience in software design and development experience (backend + frontend)
- 1+ years of experience in GraphQL
- Familiarity with strictly typed, high-level programming languages such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, etcBS/MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• A competitive monthly income
• Private health insurance package (full coverage)
• A supportive, motivated, and friendly team atmosphere
• Home office equipment support
• Dining Perks: Our company offers dining perks to ensure our employees have access to daily meals, making work life even more enjoyable and convenient
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.