Medical Receptionist - Urgent Care
Placentia, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2022
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
The Medical Receptionist / Support Staff position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This role offers the opportunity to see how an urgent care operates and work alongside our medical assistants, x-ray technologists and clinicians.
This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multi-task, think on your feet and work independently.
We are looking for someone who is customer focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
Location: 858 N Rose Drive, Placentia, CA 92870
Hours of Operation: 8:00am-8:00pm, 7 days per week
Schedule: Full-Time 30+ hours, rotating schedules including weekends
What You'll Do
- Be the first and last interaction with our patients
- Greeting patients and acting as a resource
- Schedule patients through different modalities
- Introduce the Carbon app to patients
- Verify insurance and collect copayments
- Administrative work such as writing referrals and preparing lab paperwork
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Familiarity of Apple products, including iPads and Mac desktops
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stress-full situations (high volume of patients that walk in and need to be registered, calling 911 and directing paramedics to patients that must be sent to the ER etc)
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM
- Great communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with medical insurance (understanding of costs, deductibles, copays, coverage) preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees & 80% for dependents based upon role
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
- FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.