Head of Finance
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Head of Finance who can hit the ground running and provide strategic financial guidance to support our continued growth. In this role, you will be a Finance team of one, also overseeing our external accounting function. You’ll be responsible for our budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling processes to help drive the company's financial strategy and decision-making.
This role reports directly to the CEO and can sit remotely anywhere in the continental US. If you are passionate about homebuilding, design, or architecture and have Finance experience in the startup world, we encourage you to apply.
About the Job
- Develop and maintain the company's annual budget and forecasts, working closely with other departments to ensure alignment with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Build and maintain a detailed financial model to support the company's growth and fundraising efforts.
- Conduct regular financial analyses and present findings to executive leadership to support decision-making and drive business outcomes.
- Manage financial reporting and ensure timely and accurate delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, such as investors, banks, and auditors.
- Work closely with the CEO and other members of the executive team to provide strategic financial guidance and insights.
- 10+ years of relevant Finance experience, including experience in a startup environment.
- Proven ability to develop and manage complex financial models and analyses.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner to both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights that drive business outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; MBA or CPA preferred.
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.