THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.
About the opportunity
We’re seeking a Transaction Coordinator to provide a simpler, more streamlined experience of buying and selling homes.
The Transaction Coordinator Team sits at the center of all the action while being responsible for delivering a world class experience to every Homeward customer and agent that includes an on-time closing.
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for driving each transaction through to completion as a critical member of Homeward’s front-facing team. The role will include collaboration with both internal and external service providers, such as title, mortgage and insurance providers, while managing transactions through each critical phase.
This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including operations, sales, product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as primary point of contact for Homeward’s relationships with settlement service providers
- Read all aspects of contracts in order to execute obligations and to maintain all trailing paperwork: inspection reports, Surveys, receipts, bills, etc.
- Maintain accurate and compliant files for all transactions
- Create timelines and follow-up processes to ensure all transaction deadlines are met
- Draft any addenda needed along the way and keep a record of them on file and ensure they are shared with relevant parties
- Review HOA documents and bylaws to assure no conflicts exist with buyer intentions
- Tracking all critical dates, details, forms, and contracts in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Collaborating with the CX team to ensure we have all necessary deliverables from our buyers to close accurately and on time every time
- Use effective time management skills as well as good judgment to manage everyday tasks
- 2+ years Real Estate transaction management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and project management skills
- An ability to remain focused and execute under pressure of deadlines and multitasking
- An intrinsic desire to serve customers and provide a delightful, seamless experience
- The drive to be a part of innovation and a growing team
- Bachelor's degree and/or real estate license preferred
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate fintech startup that teams empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’re backed by top-tier venture investors, including Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised more than $25 million in equity to grow the business, and have secured more than $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.