Residential Real Estate Analyst
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.
About the opportunity
The Valuations Team is a critical part of Homeward’s risk mitigation strategy, responsible for quickly and accurately valuing the homes associated with every transaction, while actively managing the duration and quality risk of Homeward’s entire portfolio of homes. Their charter is to maximize Homeward’s Customer approval conversion, while maintaining a strong line of defense for our risk exposure - a challenging but important needle to thread.
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for reviewing market data and making comparable home selections to predict home sales prices. The role will include regular analysis of historical valuation accuracy and coordination with our network of in-market agents to obtain price opinions that drive home value analysis, ultimately ensuring that Homeward accurately estimates the sale value of its customer’s existing homes and avoids overpaying for new homes.
This position will challenge your ability to balance risk mitigation with conversion optimization, and will require you to implement evolving complex operational processes.
Note: This is a temporary, full-time, three-month, hourly position and will require weekend availability.
In this role, you will
- Conducting residential real estate value estimates within established turn times and accuracy thresholds
- Working independently, while effectively prioritizing tasks with competing deadlines
- Coordinating with vendors that provide key valuations data and analytics
- Reviewing inspection reports
- Collaborating with other operations and sales teams to ensure we deliver a high quality customer experience
- Identify risk factors associated with a property and quantify the estimated exposure
- Performing regular portfolio analysis and sharing insight
- Presenting analysis and insights in a clear and concise manner
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of residential real estate experience, preferably as an analyst, agent or property inspector
- Familiarity with Residential Real Estate Transactions, using the MLS and other Valuation tools such as House Canary
- Experience with Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to work independently while coordinating with multiple departments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and stay calm up against competing deadlines
- Prior experience valuing residential real estate a plus
- The drive to be apart of innovation and a growing team
Pay and benefits
- Compensation range: 30/hr + commissions
- Remote-first environment (our Headquarters are in Austin, TX)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’ve redesigned the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers and sellers in a variety of markets to buy with cash, sell with certainty, or just make it all much more convenient. We offer bundled services across offers, Mortgage, and Title, all in an effort to make homebuying more seamless.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer four services -- Buy with Cash, Buy Before You Sell, Sell Before You List, and Backed by Cash, in the 7 states we serve -- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone, Adams Street, Javelin, LiveOak, and Breyer Capital. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.