Data Science Engineer (work from home in Guadalajara, Mexico)
Data Science Engineer
Searching for a Data Science Engineer long-term contractor to work from home in the Guadalajara, Mexico area! Please submit your CV/Resumé in English, thank you!
Do you have a passion for discovering insights from complex data? Are you thrilled by the challenge of applying statistical and machine learning techniques to create predictive models? If you geek out on deriving solutions to business challenges through data analysis, you'll be an incredible fit for our Data Scientist role!
- Work with stakeholders to identify business needs and determine solutions through advanced analytics
- Process and clean large datasets for analysis
- Perform statistical and machine learning techniques to build predictive models
- Design experiments and algorithms to apply models to business datasets
- Interpret model results and quantify performance metrics
- Visualize data and present analyses to key stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on data science and machine learning best practices
- Work closely with engineering team to implement models into production
- Design and Develop Microservices and Applications for Data Extraction, Information Retrieval and Data Analysis
- Train, evaluate, and debug ML and deep learning models for complex tasks
- Manage deployment and orchestration Infrastructure and related Automation (Apache Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Manage and Deploy Distributed Queuing and Streaming platforms (Apache Kafka, Apache ActiveMQ)
- Manage and Deploy Database Infrastructure (Relational and Non Relational)
- BS/MS in Data Science, Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 3+ years experience applying statistical learning and machine learning techniques
- Expertise building, optimizing and productionalizing ML models
- Proficiency with Python, R, SQL, Git, Spark, cloud platforms
- Strong math and statistical knowledge (regression, classification, clustering)
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Experience translating analyses into actionable business insights
- Understanding of A/B testing and experiment design
- Experience with ML modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Experience with Data Analysis and Machine Learning Tools and Libraries like Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, Spacy, Scikit-learn, Gensim, etc.
- Experience with Source Control Management esp. Git
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other team members.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- Very good understanding of Relational Databases and SQL
- Very good understanding of Linux/Unix platforms and System Tools.
Nice to Have
- Advanced Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Knowledge of NLP or computer vision techniques
- Experience working and writing automation workflows for AWS, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud infrastructure
- Experience deploying, configuring and managing Queuing Systems
- Experience deploying, configuring and managing Non Relational Databases
- Experience with Microservice based infrastructure.
- Apache Spark
You’ll Grow at Linqia
Influencer marketing is chaotic. Linqia brings the calm in the chaos. We’re a leader in the influencer marketing industry. We're a mature and growing tech start-up, having experienced 100% year-over-year growth and break-even. We partner with the world's largest brands including General Motors, Bayer, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Albertsons, McDonalds, and Walmart to build compelling and effective influencer marketing campaigns. Our AI-driven platform and team of experts are leading the transformation of influencer marketing and leveraging creator content. We combine the science and accountability of online media with award-winning creativity to deliver the greatest return on investment and results for our clients’ paid, owned, and earned media.
We value intelligence, recognize talent and have instilled a culture that supports career development and growth for our employees. We thrive on innovation and accountability, with a customer first attitude that adds true value to everything we touch. Our team members are smart, hard-working, have integrity and love to have fun as we play to win.
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. Linqia is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes or candidates through this Web site or directly to employees. Linqia does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with us.