Sr. Director, Current
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a studio in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
Who We Are Looking For:
MasterClass is looking for an experienced creative to join our Content leadership team with a specific focus on managing our Current slate. Having just celebrated our 8th anniversary, we are quickly growing into new areas of content creation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and thinking outside of the box and contribute to the evolution of what makes a program on MasterClass unique and expand the definition of entertainment that makes people learn. This role will be responsible for overseeing the execution of a slate of diverse programming that ranges from class with the most respected leaders in the world to subject-driven series that incorporate many different elements of nonfiction storytelling. We are looking for a proven leader who has managed teams, successfully produced and/or supervised premium content through completion, and someone who can work seamlessly with senior leadership throughout our organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong network of production companies, producers, directors, and other crew to ensure each of our productions is set up for creative excellence. The role requires a strong manager that can support a talented team of executives.
What You Will Do:
- Supervise the production of the next wave of MasterClass programming. You will help build the right production team for each project and track their progress.
- Ensure the premium quality of our work is excellent.
- Manage a team of great executives, producers, directors and writers both internal and external.
- Work closely with production companies, agents, managers and talent to facilitate the most premium packages possible.
- Utilize research, insights and data to learn more about what our members and future members want and effectively align with our business strategy in the execution of our productions.
- Understand the Market and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure we are prioritizing the biggest opportunities while also ensuring the budgeting and marketing needs are all aligned with the creative.
- Experience taking premium projects from concept to greenlight.
- Strong industry relationships.
- Hungry to learn about new areas.
- Strong manager.
- Passion for making entertaining and impactful work.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
The salary range listed is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.