Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a talented and driven Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work with our awesome team that is distributed throughout the US. The engineer in this role will work to create a reliable, performant and secure canvas upon which Mythical’s cloud-based applications are built. This position is remote with minimal travel required for team meetings.
The right candidate for this job (is):
- An experienced engineer who has been heavily involved in the design and operation of containerized production systems using Kubernetes, Openshift or similar container orchestration technology
- Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable applications
- Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
- Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottom-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- An unwavering passion for meeting demands and delivering an epic customer service
This role requires solid experience in scalable infrastructure design, cloud computing environments and hands-on technical skills. This position is expected to:
- Ensure high availability, performance and security of APIs and backend services
- Build and maintain tooling to make code and configuration deployments self-serve for the development team
- Collaborate with the development and operations teams to design the infrastructure required for deploying scalable and reliable applications
- Regularly review existing infrastructure for opportunities for service improvement, cost reduction, and increased security
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management partners to translate business and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
- Ensure operational visibility into applications by adding instrumentation and creating dashboards for proactive monitoring and failure resolution
- Perform application load testing to expose bottlenecks and other areas of improvement prior to an application going live
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure the success of uptime-critical applications
- 5+ years experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps, Site Reliability or another infrastructure-focused engineering role
- Experience running a production application stack on Kubernetes is strongly desired
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and GitOps via tools such as Crossplane, Terraform and ArgoCD is required
- Prior experience designing infrastructure for distributed microservice applications with an emphasis on gRPC for communication between services
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one dynamic scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Groovy, or Bash.
- Prior experience managing and operating Linux VMs on cloud computing platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Deep knowledge of the full network stack and the ability to maintain an organized and secure network across multiple clusters, projects, and offices
- Ability to build NOC-style dashboards using tools like Grafana, Elastic APM or StackDriver
- Experience with CI\CD orchestration pipelines such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Jenkins as well as familiarity with deployment strategies like blue\green deployment, canary releases, etc…
- Experience using tools such as Miro or LucidChart to create architecture diagrams
- Understanding of service meshes like Istio, LinkerD, Consul
- Experience with Java, GoLang, and/or .NET applications
- Experience scaling highly-available ElasticSearch clusters
- Experience with Load Testing and frameworks such as Gatling or Locust
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier
US Tier 1: $166,000 - $228,000
US Tier 2: $149,000 - $205,000
US Tier 3: $133,000 - $183,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.
Something looks off?