Software Engineer- GPU Streaming
Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
We are growing our team of talented software engineers here in Mythical UK. Our breakthrough Polystream technology delivers everything required for outstanding 3D consumer entertainment, enabling gamers and non-gamers alike to instantly engage with the content they love. Thanks to our Fantom Spectator Engine, users can seamlessly travel through interconnected doorways to different virtual worlds, hanging out, playing or watching games, interacting, and navigating seamlessly between 3D experiences as easily as they’d surf the web; an interoperable virtual experience, that knits together incredibly immersive games, interactive apps, and synchronously social experiences, all delivered instantly to new communities around the world.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of code including the client-facing applications and implement clean C++ code with a strong user interface, high performance, excellent stability, and reliable error handling that works consistently across a wide range of Windows and other platforms. We want someone with passion and drive to help define a cross-platform applicable design and structure.
- High level of proficiency with C++.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience contributing to the design or architecture of new or existing distributed systems.
- A practical understanding of real-time performance and how to implement, measure, and optimize high performance real-time systems.
- An experienced eye for application design, user experience, and a working knowledge of UI frameworks and graphics (2D/3D) apis. An understanding of the realities of connected applications and how to handle anomalies such as dropped connections. Rapid iteration of user interface prototypes for testing concepts.
- Strong command of development tools including Visual Studio, performance analysis tools, and version control (git). Excellent debugging skills.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Great written and verbal communication skills. Ability and desire to define and track work, make progress visible, and enable others to work more effectively as part of a distributed team.
Nice to Haves
- Experience implementing designs/code that targets multiple platforms, both desktop (Windows, OSX) and mobile (Android, iOS).
- Hands-on experience with compression and compression algorithms.
- Writing software installers for Windows.
- Experience working with game engines and an understanding of engine architectures / GPUs ie Unity, Unreal etc (low-level familiarity rather than user level development).
- Graphics experience with consoles or other platforms with resource limits.
- In depth knowledge of one or more graphics APIs - Direct2D, Direct3D, OpenGL and Vulkan.
- Understanding of cloud architectures and platforms, both public and private.
- As a senior engineer you will execute on all aspects of software engineering including optimization, testing, debugging, documentation, and contribute to company-wide channels and engineering interests.
- Deep dive on existing technical issues and provide comprehensive solutions.
- Lead by example: Design and implementation of the architecture, setting and maintaining high standards regarding code quality and efficiency.
- Work closely with multiple teams within Mythical UK to achieve technical targets.
- The ability to self-manage tasks and time, whilst also working with your team to provide accurate estimates of engineering effort required to deliver. Ability to provide clear and timely updates on progress.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.
Something looks off?