Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Platform Technologies
Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
Mythical’s Platform Engineering team is perfecting a full-service system for developers and publishers to build or integrate blockchain-based play-to-earn economies into their games.
We’re looking for a talented, self-driven, Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This role reports to our Platform Engineering Manager and will play an integral role in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform architecture.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer who leads by example. You will design and implement the architecture, setting and maintaining high standards regarding code quality and efficiency. You can self-manage tasks and time whilst also working with your team to provide accurate estimates of the engineering effort required to deliver.
As part of your job, you will provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases. You will work on greenfield solutions from conception to completion, supporting our wide range of services and environments that enable multi-cloud streaming. You are experienced in executing all aspects of software engineering, including optimisation, testing, debugging, and documentation, and contribute to company-wide channels and engineering interests.
- Work with engineering teams to modernize existing build and deployment processes with a focus on automation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of delivery across multiple cloud providers using industry recognized tools and frameworks.
- Implement and improve monitoring solutions that proactively identify system bottlenecks, performance issues, and security vulnerabilities.
- Guide the team in modernizing the company’s software platform, adopting DevOps best practices, and developing continuous integration and deployment solutions across various environments.
- Lead development of self-service solutions wherever possible for engineering teams to deliver software with confidence, speed, and excellent quality.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services.
- Analyze and optimize current applications toward a microservices architecture.
- Strengthen your team through mentorship, support, and encouragement.
- High level of proficiency with C#, .NET 6 upward or GoLang
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, including deployment to production
- Experience working in Linux and Windows
- Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronisation principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing distributed RESTful services using OpenAPI and/or OData
- Experience developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Profiling and optimisation of memory, thread, and multi-core usage in complex applications
- Experience using game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Working knowledge of unmanaged languages such as C++, C or Rust
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem-solving while collaborating with your team
- Experience integrating, researching, iterating on and conducting fail-fast POCs and implementing MVPs in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories, and work through backlogs.
- Experience working on Games/Mobile application development.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.
Something looks off?