Technical Producer, Pokémon GO
Are you ready to drive a game that brings a positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? As a Technical producer for Pokémon GO, you will drive the production of tools, features and system improvements that support the billions of players who enjoy the game year over year. We’re looking for a deeply technical, detail and outcome-oriented driver, who will partner with engineering, tooling, production, LiveOps and infrastructure teams to capture requirements, build timelines and milestone plans, and then execute at a high level of excellence.
- Work with Feature Development and LiveOps team members to identify tooling improvement opportunities.
- Partner with Release and Submissions management to understand and document Google, Apple, Facebook, etc changes and translate that into executable work for engineering teams.
- Support the Niantic Platform and Lightship teams with integrating new releases into Pokémon GO, in addition to testing and release plans.
- Laying out workflows, with an emphasis on efficiency and quality, to best drive tooling and infrastructure feature roadmaps.
- Collaborating with Engineering Managers of the tooling and infrastructure teams to ensure requirements are clearly defined, tasks are well organized and plans are executable.
- Supporting the engineers in tracking work day-to-day, identifying and mitigating scheduling risks.
- Partnering with Quality and Site Reliability Engineering for elegant and high-signal testing strategies and rollouts.
- Shepherding projects from inception to completion, and documenting and driving improvements for future initiatives.
- Creation and maintenance of roadmaps for supported teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- You have a BA/BS in computer science, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience.
- You have worked in complex, cloud computing environments and led projects at scale.
- You have broad experience and a deep understanding of various development methodologies, and a proven track record of improving your team's efficiency.
- You thrive in the multifaceted and fast-paced environments that are required to support a massive global live game.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have prior experience developing mobile applications, working with platform products, or driving tooling roadmaps.
- You love Niantic's Games and Technologies.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $132,000 - $171,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?