Security Engineer, Production
Niantic's Security Team seeks a cloud security engineer to improve the security stance of our infrastructure and production environments. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Do you want to be part of our team, and make our internal and user-facing services safer and more robust? We seek creative engineers with excellent technical judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to embrace new technologies.
- You accompany teams making the right security decisions when building out new infrastructure.
- You build automation to keep our environment safe for our engineers to use.
- You are responsible for the vulnerability management program of in-house and third-party software for our production environments.
- You collaborate with the SRE team on the rollout of security measures.
- You provide creative solutions to improve Niantic's security.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office Monday and Wednesday, plus 2 - 3 additional days per week.
- You can demonstrate strong programming skills in one of Go, Python, Java.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure.
- You have an in-depth understanding of Cloud technologies.
- You have experience building out tooling, helping engineers and improving security.
- You have proven strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- The coding requirement is not optional and will be tested during the recruitment process. Coding skills must be sufficient to automate tasks when needed.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of CHF 145,000 - CHF 169,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?