Product Marketing Manager, Emerging Markets
Come on board and help craft how real-world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a PMM, you will lead, build and drive product emerging marketing strategies for Niantic’s real-world Augmented Reality mobile games. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns, drive growth, increase retention and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll experience meticulous learning and development, mentoring from senior leaders in the company, and opportunities to lead an array of initiatives spanning multiple markets. And, most importantly, you’ll have tons of fun.
- Adopt global product positioning to Emerging Market requirements
- Establish and own partnerships with key external stakeholders such as Intellectual Property holders and Brand managers
- Support regional growth teams to ideate, plan, and launch high-impact marketing relationships with partners including Telco, QSR, CPG, and other brands
- Launch games in new markets, including managing external stakeholders, regional localization, and live event coordination
- Define and implement go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with cross-functional collaborators such as Global Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Legal, Marketing, and Communications/PR teams.
- Maintain relationships with regional key business partners and drive regional alignment on major marketing initiatives with our distributed team members from global offices.
- Build and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications in Emerging Markets.
- Implement ongoing Live-Ops strategy & programs with relevant team members.
- Analyze, track and interpret product and marketing metrics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Native proficiency in Japanese, and business level communication in English.
- Strong understanding of the mobile gaming landscape in Emerging Markets, particularly in LATAM and APAC
- 4+ years of relevant marketing experience (ideally in F2P/freemium businesses on mobile) in areas including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and driven dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Shown capacity for developing and executing strategy.
- Mobile paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics (ideally in the mobile apps/gaming space).
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with the ability to lead sophisticated projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passionate for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You are proficient in languages and cultures relevant to markets such as India, Indonesia and the broader Southeast Asia region
- You are a fan of the Pokémon universe
- Experience playing Pokémon Go
- You are passionate about Niantic games!
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?