User Experience Designer (Contract)
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced UX Designer to help shape cutting-edge, highly social AR experiences and innovative apps that move people through the real world. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based. You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for Niantic’s current projects and experimental AR platform initiatives.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to Niantic’s many UX and AR experience challenges.
- Lead user studies and UX research to help refine and fine-tune the apps towards product goals.
- Work closely with a cross functional pod of engineers, product managers, and artists to build fun and exciting real-world/AR experiences.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
The salary range for this role is $43.00 - $50.00 per hour.
Something looks off?