Senior Manager, Global Payroll
Niantic is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Global Payroll to lead our Payroll team. As a payroll leader, you will help ensure accurate and timely processing of our global payroll. The ideal candidate is dedicated, analytical, has a deep understanding of the payroll process and all its legal requirements.
- Oversee and direct payroll procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of global payroll.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures, policies and guidelines to ensure consistency and efficiency of payroll operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations.
- Partner with other functional leads (including Legal, HR and Finance) to ensure the accuracy of all payroll data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation, and auditing.
- Work closely with external payroll vendors, ensuring they meet performance and compliance standards, and maintain positive relationships to support ongoing collaboration.
- Provide training and mentoring to the payroll team and other stakeholders on payroll matters, system enhancements and regulatory developments.
- Ensure employee inquiries are promptly resolved.
- Review payroll reports and ensure accurate and timely filing with appropriate governmental authorities.
- Manage payroll-related special projects, including payroll system implementations, process improvements and integration of new countries and entities.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (CPP certification a plus).
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive payroll experience at a medium-size company, with at least 5 years in a managerial role overseeing international payroll.
- Experience working with Workday Payroll.
- Expertise in payroll accounting functions, journal entries, accruals and reconciliations.
- Advanced proficiency in excel.
- Knowledge of US payroll regulations, FLSA laws, compliance and payroll reporting.
- Knowledge of international payroll regulations, tax laws and statutory reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $157,500 - $184,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?