Marketing Digital Artist, Pokémon GO (Contract)
Niantic’s Marketing Creative Shop (“MCS”) builds excitement and interest in our games and company through eye-catching key art, video production, in-game promotions, merchandising, live-event activations, and more. Cross-functional teams of artists, designers, and writers combine with vendors and design agencies to make this all happen. The Marketing Digital Artist role helps navigate this complexity, with a focus on designing art that is exciting and supports Niantic's vision to build technologies that move us.
The Marketing Digital Artist on the MCS team will be immersed in Pokémon brand knowledge, style guides and design systems. You will play an integral role in defining the look and feel of Marketing campaigns - conceptualizing, iterating and developing a variety of projects for web, social channels, events and print. You have a passion for crafting a world that enhances the brand experience for our audience, along with setting a high bar for quality and consistency. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, working on a common vision with teams to deliver outstanding brand experiences.
- Concept, design, refine and deliver high quality creative assets for social channels, blog posts, in-game announcements, direct marketing and other marketing collateral.
- Composite 3D character assets into real-world environments, ensuring seamless integration with lighting, perspective, color correction and scale.
- Collaborate with the Product Design team on key art creation for significant Marketing beats, such as: new brand initiatives, feature launches and live event announcements.
- Work closely with our IP partners to develop in-depth knowledge of our brands to ensure brand integrity.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while keeping communication open, working closely with the Production Manager and cross-functional teams to prioritize, set expectations and timeline goals.
- Present work for review to collaborators (Art Director, cross-functional teams, and external partners), implementing feedback in a timely manner for final approvals.
- Prepare final files in a detailed and organized manner, for efficient file delivery and archiving to our Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling 2D and 3D art assets across genres of games or Marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in media art, graphic design, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a digital artist, with experience working on creative visual content for well-known brands.
- A wide range of experience in social media and web platforms, as well as their associated media requirements and performance strategies.
- Proven track record of managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment, within an iterative design process and open communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and receptive to feedback, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and anticipate future needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with expert-level proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator, with familiarity in After Effects.
- Experience with Jira, Asana and Confluence.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch and/or 3D design software.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with mobile games and/or the app development process.
- A gamer with familiarity and knowledge of Pokémon GO.
- General curiosity in Augmented Reality (AR) technology.
The salary range for this role is $43.71 - $56.54 per hour.
Something looks off?