Social Media Production Manager, Pokémon GO (Contract)
Niantic’s internal Marketing Creative Shop (“MCS”) builds excitement and interest in our games and company through hero art creation, video production, in-game promotions, merchandising, live event activations, and more. Cross-functional internal teams of artists, designers, and writers combine with external vendors and design agencies to make this all happen. The Social Media Producer role helps navigate this complexity, with a focus on managing the creative production workflow for the efficient execution of original social media assets.
At the core of the Social Media Producer position is the need to “keep the ship sailing” on time, on budget, and with no surprises. You will set clear expectations with 3rd party creative agencies regarding timelines, stay up-to-date on the current status of all in-flight projects, and clear blockers to keep projects moving forward to completion. This is a fast-paced environment, with a high volume of creative assets that require a detail-oriented and proactive approach.
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Track creative projects in flight and ensure production art is updated, cross-functional teams provide input and stakeholders are informed in a timely manner.
- Manage the creative execution of projects, working closely with the designer or agency through all production stages, approval cycles and final delivery of files.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Strategist to translate the campaign strategy into a collection of visual stories that will captivate our community of trainers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Pokémon brand, to ensure projects are aligned with their brand guidelines.
- Route projects for approval and collect feedback from our third party partners at various stages of development, taking care to cultivate partnerships in a professional manner.
- Attend meetings, take notes and track progress of deliverables, flagging roadblocks, schedule changes and potential missed deadlines.
- Lead vendor coordination and communication for creative projects, scheduling kick-off and check-in meetings.
- Oversee team calendars and schedule departmental meetings.
- Organize and upload creative assets in the DAM (Digital Asset Management) system, ensuring the correct version of files and permission levels are maintained.
- 4+ years of experience in a production management or traffic manager role and/or related experience at an advertising or design agency.
- Exceptional attention to detail and well-organized. You will be the backstop of all the little details that go into getting something created, produced, delivered.
- Ability to use critical reasoning to identify creative solutions for complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-starter, a quick learner and highly flexible.
- Proficiency with Asana, G Suite, and Slack.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of the creative process.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with project management in a creative agency.
- Familiarity with mobile games and/or the app development process.
- General interest in Augmented Reality (AR) technology.
The salary range for this role is $39.38 - $50.99 per hour.
Something looks off?