Niantic’s Game Quality Team seeks a QA Engineer to contribute on our game products.
Niantic Engineering is a leader of location-based, Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive technologies while crafting engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Responsibilities include designing and implementing end-to-end test plans, ensuring that all quality objectives are met and that Niantic products work as intended. You will be responsible for working closely with peers in Production, Development and Quality teams to deliver high-quality experiences to our players.
The ideal candidate has a love for games and the ability to collaborate with engineers, Unity developers, and technical artists in order to help build fun games at scale. You should have strong decision-making skills, great execution, and a willingness to tackle new responsibilities.
- Build and manage test estimates, schedules, timelines, metrics, and mitigation plans.
- Drive game testing and integration across Niantic’s technologies and platform for your assigned project to meet both short and long term quality goals.
- Collaborate with producers and development teams to coordinate quality work with external QA team members to identify and track defects during feature development.
- Drive the development and execution of test specs, test cases, and suites for new features.
- Report project testing efforts to project leads and production team.
- Work with quality team leadership team on quality process improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical major, and/or a minimum of 4 years software QA experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Engineering methodology and tools.
- Experience leading, building, and crafting test strategies for games or other consumer-facing products.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries including selection and summation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
- Experience with mobile testing.
- Experience writing or using test automation.
- Coding experience using C#, Java or Python.
- Experience with AR gameplay.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $102,000 - $119,000+ bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?