UX Designer, Pokémon GO
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced UX Designer to help shape ground breaking, highly social AR experiences and innovative apps that move people through the real world. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals. You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
- Create user interactions, design systems, UX flow wireframes, and interface designs for Pokémon GO. Brainstorm ideas, narratives and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to Niantic’s unique set of design challenges involving the real world.
- Lead user studies and UX research to help refine and fine-tune the apps towards product goals.
- Work closely with cross functional peers of engineers, product managers, and artists to build fun and exciting real-world experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Japanese language ability is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?