Product Manager, Augmented Reality
Are you ready to help define a whole new way of exploring and interacting with the world through Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a Product Manager to shape and deliver on our vision that AR will make the world more accessible, engaging, and entertaining for everyone. You will steer development of groundbreaking technology and creative products, drive cross-functional teams to delight our users, and make the world a bit better by motivating users to go out and explore the world!
- Shape and drive alignment around Niantic’s AR product strategy and roadmap.
- Capture product requirements, prioritize requests, establish goals, and drive the feature development process.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform fast iteration and ultimately the success of AR experiences and the overall platform.
- Work as a horizontal leader to foster collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal, and business development teams.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization, including the executive team.
- Empathize with our players and developers to identify areas to improve their experience.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, 3D mapping, and game engines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 5+ years product management experience with 2+ years experience in AR, VR or computer vision.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire designers and engineers with customer-centric use cases.
- Proven track record of using quantitative problem-solving skills to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Strong collaboration skills and relationship management to effectively work across emerging technology areas and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Experience managing a developer product (SDK).
- Familiar with the mobile gaming industry.
- Experience with spatial computing or real-time 3D map solutions (AR Cloud).
- Experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $184,000 - $214,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Something looks off?