NAM Program Manager (Contract)
Niantic is looking for a passionate, organized, and experienced Program Manager for its Lightship Developer Platform. If you understand how to support developers, have a passion for AR, and can execute programs that result in developer success and loyalty, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will manage and build the strategies for scalable developer outreach programs in North America, leading the execution of programs. You plan requirements with internal stakeholders and usher programs through the entire programmatic lifecycle. You'll be responsible for developer events, content, and coordinating regional support. Additionally, you'll manage relationships with, and foster the creation of local developer communities (e.g., existing Unity meet-ups, CS university programs, etc.) working with Unity and AR. You'll meet with local developers and companies in North America, promoting our platform, communities, and learning programs. Your programs will span offices, time zones, and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
The Lightship Developer Community Team’s goal is to grow the Lightship ecosystem by attracting, upskilling, and supporting developers so they can successfully build and monetize on the Lightship platform.
This is a contractor position and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- A passion for AR and developers.
- Well-developed relationship skills to manage both internal stakeholders and external community leads.
- Structured and tactful communicator (both verbal and written) with effective interpersonal skills to build and preserve positive relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and learn about new tech capabilities swiftly.
- Knowledge of program management principles to contextualize your strategic planning, resource allocation, and quarterly assessments.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Present and explain processes, proposals, reports and findings to internal stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day communications with vendors and partners to build partnerships and contracts around developer initiatives.
- Provide direct product feedback from developers to the Lightship team to enhance and support the development of the platform.
- Source and prepare internal and external developer talent to deliver product sessions, brown bag sessions, and developer jams to the Lightship Developer Community.
- Manage infrastructure and processes to support Lightship Developer Programs.
- Coordinate storage and shipping for program swag and supplies.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as G-Suite, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- 5+ years of program management experience.
- Self starter, flexible thinker, with emotional intelligence for developers and understands their needs.
- Good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online at scale.
- Program management skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Online and offline event management experience.
- Familiarity with augmented reality development process and platform competitors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft and Google productivity tools (e.g spreadsheet and presentation software).
- Team oriented person that is motivated by helping others as much as they are motivated about excelling in their individual role.
- Great at seeing the big picture and understanding how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture.
- Degree from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of program management experience with a focus on developer programs.
- A strong understanding of platform ecosystems.
- Experience working with SDKs, APIs, and/or platform integrations.
The salary range for this role is $44.14 - $59.07 per hour.
Something looks off?