APAC Marketing Manager, Live Events
Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Live Events Marketing Manager to lead all aspects of the physical/experiential event production for location specific events such as Pokémon GO Fest, Pokémon GO Tour, Pokémon GO Safari Zones, and smaller scale partner activations. This person will oversee all Pokémon GO Live Events in the APAC region. The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting and producing experiences that fans remember for a lifetime and is an extraordinarily organized collaborator who knows how to lead multiple partners to align on a common vision and deliver flawlessly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and deliver exciting event concepts that will make a lasting positive impact on our communities, align to marketing OKRs, key campaigns, and business objectives.
- Liaise with license holders for reviews, procure approvals, and provide updates.
- Create and track against detailed workback schedules, ensuring key milestones are met on time.
- Manage relationships with APAC live event agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure quality events are executed on time and within budget.
- Oversee the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- Support the development and routing of marketing materials and assets for email, blog, and web around various event initiatives across owned channels and work with Comms team to organize press and media coverage for live events.
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Proven ability producing live event programs, both small and large consumer-facing events in the tech or gaming space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Willingness to travel and work an atypical schedule to support the international live events team structure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working closely with vendors to oversee the development of high quality physical event assets.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with the ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including asynchronous interactions with others.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
- Passion for Niantic products (Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress).
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines.
- Experience building, managing, and/or supporting grassroots live event programs.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID