Workday Payroll Analyst
Niantic is looking for an experienced Workday Payroll Analyst to contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapidly growing environment. This role will support the Niantic payroll team with the semi-monthly processing of US using Workday Payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees in multi-state environments, while ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations. In addition, this role will help with the monthly processing of our global payroll. All responsibilities need to be performed on time and with accuracy utilizing judgment and initiative under strict deadlines.
How you’ll contribute
- Process full-cycle semi-monthly US payroll for 1300+ employees working in over 25 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit providers.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and perform payroll account reconciliations.
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee timecards are approved timely and that the timecard data is processed accurately.
- Assist with payroll compliance matters including multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (i.e., 401(k), workers compensation, external audit, etc).
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments.
- Prepare off cycle/ad hoc payments to employees via electronic bank transfers.
- Support annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Process prior quarter adjustments/amendments in preparation for year end.
- Assist with other duties and ad-hoc projects assigned by the Senior Payroll Manager.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office Monday and Wednesday.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education.
- Certified Payroll Professional (Preferred).
- 6+ years experience in a Payroll function, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Workday (HRIS/Payroll).
- Experience with global payroll, validation of inputs and reviewing results from service providers.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and work autonomously.
- Advanced use of spreadsheets (MS Excel and Google).
- Netsuite Financials experience (preferred).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $102,600 - $119,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID