Growth Product Manager, Peridot
Niantic is seeking a Growth Product Manager for Peridot, Niantic's AR-first mobile game. The ideal candidate will bring sharp critical thinking and ambition to a team striving to redefine immersive gaming in the real-world. We believe in crafting unforgettable emotions and memories inside games players love to play, while pushing the boundaries of location-based, AR and live experiences on mobile. You'll help drive product strategy and be our authority on existing and emerging mechanics across the mobile business. We'll look to you to use quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive product decisions. You’ll also bring insights from other areas of entertainment into focus to inspire experimentation and lateral thinking. You'll be our specialist on monetization and the keeper of critical metrics, while always maintaining focus on player engagement as the most meaningful measure of success.
- Provide detailed product insights based on key game data to cross functional teams and company leaders to directly influence product development.
- Forecast outcomes of proposed new features on key product metrics.
- Collaborate with data scientists to build reports, dashboards, and information resources to drive better decisions.
- Conduct and share competitive research to identify industry trends.
- Analyze player behaviors and work closely with the cross-functional team to identify, design, and refine features that will improve the product’s retention, engagement, and monetization.
- Design and supervise experiments with clear and measurable goals to evaluate and optimize the performance of game features.
- Work with live ops producers and designers to build and maintain the live-ops strategy.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- 3+ years of experience analyzing games or mobile products.
- Very comfortable managing important metrics through analytics for live, long term engagement games.
- Experience working with diverse teams.
- Proven experience understanding user needs and co-designing solutions with creative development teams.
- Quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Organization, communication, and leadership skills and experiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You play one or more Niantic games.
- You have a curiosity or excitement about AR, mobile games and immersive entertainment.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $113,000 - $126,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID