Product Design Manager
At RxVantage we transform how medical practices engage with life sciences resources and expertise to improve patient care. Our platform intelligently connects healthcare providers with the precise life sciences experts that they need, when they need them. As a result, medical practices stay on the cutting edge of patient care without disrupting workflows. Trusted by more than tens of thousands of healthcare practitioners and and all major life science companies, RxVantage has powered millions of educational exchanges between healthcare teams and life sciences companies.
Our “Work from Anywhere” philosophy is aimed at making sure we bring a diverse range of thought leadership so that our technology is better able to serve local health care providers. Our goal is to hire the country’s top talent and allow them to create an environment where they can do their best work.
As a Product Design Manager for RxVantage, you will have the opportunity to scale the product design discipline and partner with product and engineering to deliver new experiences for our customers. As our design team matures, so will this role.
Initially, this role will be acting heavily as an individual contributor while managing one other product designer. This is to ensure that best practices in design are socialized and integrated across our product and engineering teams; as you build out your team, this role will transform fully into a management and leadership role, while still maintaining its foundation as a player-coach.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guiding the future of the design practice and team, including socializing best practices and design norms with product and engineering leadership
- Managing, mentoring, and upskilling product designers in their craft
- Determining how to scale the design practice, including when and how to incorporate research, content, and visual design into the existing team processes
- Partnering with engineering and product management to implement a version of agile processes that work well for the team
- Driving execution - ensure the product triad can communicate effectively to create, iterate, and launch features
- Creating/editing/removing processes to ensure Design works well with others and can move quickly
- Creating an inclusive environment that welcomes cross-functional collaboration
- Building the Design function you've always wanted, and creating a joyous user experience for tens of thousands of users every day
- Actively seek/provide feedback about the Design Team and implement improvements as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction or Communication Design
- Experience leading teams as a lead designer or design manager
- Experience with B2C or complex design systems
- Experience with end-to-end software design and agile development
- Experience with and strong understanding of design tools (primarily Figma)
- Experience maintaining and expanding a design system
- Understanding and ability to manage a variety of disciplines and specialties within design, including research, design systems, and product design
- Thoughtful communicator, especially across time zones and across disciplines
- Experience scaling teams from the ground-up
- Experience working in the healthcare industry / “HealthTech” - specifically with health care practices and/or life science organizations
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Company-Paid Premiums for Employee’s Medical Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Work from Anywhere!
- Flexible PTO - Take the time when you want it!
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Post-Parental Leave Program - $5k stipend to assist with expenses, 4 week 100% paid “Ease-Back” return to work transition period
- Charitable donation matching
- Professional development stipend
RxVantage is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to ensuring that we represent the local communities where our health and wellbeing providers serve as pillars of support to our family, friends, and neighbors. Our representation within these communities allows us to embody a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives; and provide an inclusive environment for our team to feel empowered to be their authentic selves, without fear of harassment or discrimination.