Senior DevOps Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our DevOps team based in Latin America. You will be working on both the core platform and implementations for some of the biggest brands and most exciting companies in the world, many of whom are part of the Fortune 500 & Cloud 100 list.s
At Stensul, our top priority is maintaining a people-first, diverse, and inclusive culture. We look for people that live by our core values - Garra, Learning Agile, Above & Beyond and Team Players. In turn, we’re committed to investing in your growth through mentorship, coaching and meaningful professional development. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are eager to join a tight-knit team, we want to hear from you!
Our new DevOps Engineer will be responsible for
- Ensuring the availability of the stensul's platform.
- Promote the DevOps pillars: leadership, collaborative culture, design for DevOps, continuous integration, continuous testing, elastic infrastructure, continuous monitoring, continuous security and continuous delivery.
- Assist internal stakeholders to work on infra-related technical issues and support needs.
- Stand as a technical reference or point of contact on infra-related technical issues.
- Encourage innovation through experimentation.
- Learn new technologies.
At a minimum, we require that you
- Strong communication skills.
- Lean thinking.
- Desire to continue learning new things.
- Have three or more (3+) years of work experience managing a Public Cloud Provider deployment (Google Cloud preferred but AWS/Azure is also welcome).
- Are fluent in Linux usage and administration.
- Experience managing K8s resources or clusters (preferred GKE)
- Experience with Linux-Like OS knowledge (Centos - Ubuntu - Alpine)
- Have experience with system-level troubleshooting: understanding logs, strace, netstat, top/htop, iostat, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools (ie Prometheus - DataDog/NewRelic)
- Programming languages Bash script - Python - Go
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
You get bonus points for having some experience with
- Storage knowledge (Glusterfs - NFS - K8s Volumes)
- Version Control - Git (GitLab)
- Declarative infrastructure tool (Terraform - Ansible)
- CI/CD (Jenkins - GitLabCI - Helm - Kustomize)
- GitOps Tools (Flux - Argo)
- Security (OSSEC - Falco - Google SCC - Docker Image scanning tools)
- Have experience with database engines such as SQL and NoSQL
- MySQL Administration (intermediate) & Administration (beginner to intermediate)
- A great sense of humor
Tech We Use:
- GCP,Kubernetes, docker, HAProxy, Istio
- MongoDB, Mysql/MariaDB, ElasticSearch
- ELK, Graphite/Grafana,
- And many other cool toys.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package that includes equity
- Company laptop and phone reimbursement.
- Lots of room to own the role and implement new technologies that fuel automation of daily work
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in a way that suits you best
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- Being a part of an amazing, inclusive team that lives by our shared values and is committed to building the next phase of Stensul
- Open to hire in our Buenos Aires offices, or to work remotely
Given our teams are currently located in Buenos Aires City, Argentina, remote position candidates are required to be living within GMT-3 and GMT-1 location.
Stensul is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
If your experience is close (even if not a perfect fit) to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.