Senior Director, Marketing and Sales Finance
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 78 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Finance Team
The Thumbtack Finance team’s mission is to be a strategic finance partner to the business to enable better business decisions that are supported by data while building a world class finance function and to do it all with integrity.
About the Role
As a senior finance business partner to the Chief Marketing Officer your C-suite partners will view you as a trusted advisor and value your expertise and help in managing resources and growing the business to achieve company goals.
You will be instrumental in optimizing marketing and growth initiatives, evaluating performance, and enabling data-driven decision-making. This role will provide decision support to the business for how marketing and sales decisions impact the P&L.
You thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Build and lead a team of highly engaged finance professionals
- Support the business in planning and develop team targets and OKRs
- Conduct financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting for marketing activities, including ROAS, LTV/CAC, and overall marketing spend
- Perform scenario analysis to assess financial impact of various marketing strategies and investments
- Provide recommendations to optimize spend
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business cases to optimize sales team go-to-market
- Oversee monthly/quarterly forecasting and reporting
- Analyze and synthesize financial results and communicate key messages to internal stakeholders
- Develop financial models that guide our strategic decision-making on key P&L drivers
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 12+ years of FP&A experience
- Track record of building and leading inspiring high-performance teams
- Experience working with marketing & growth teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to tell the story beyond the numbers
- Ability to translate financial analysis into clear and insightful recommendations
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working for a consumer tech company, marketplace a plus
- Experience within a public company environment
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $280,000 - $340,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $240,000 - $300,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.