HR Operations Generalist
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the People Team
Our People Team is at the forefront of building a world-class virtual first company and being a leader on Future of Work. Our People team believes in the power of our people. We craft an employee experience that starts with hiring incredible people, investing in their career development and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellness.
The People Operations Generalist will be part of a tight-knit People Operations team responsible for making sure that all Thumbtack employees get best-in-class support while at Thumbtack. Managing, addressing, and resolving the concerns of Thumbtack’s TPH based employees quickly, accurately, confidentially, and compassionately will drive Thumbtack’s success by allowing Thumbtackers to focus on our customers and pros. Identifying and pursuing options for continuous improvement–both personally and in People Ops team operations–will help us create a scalable, successful team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage pre-onboarding tasks which includes coordination with recruitment, collecting information, system enrollment, benefits enrollment, ticket management, on-boarding communications and orientation
- Manage of government benefits administration. This involves government benefit enrollment, processing, database processing, ticket management, tax annualization and year end reporting
- Manage Payroll and Timekeeping for all PH employees. This task includes payroll processing, payroll validation, dispute management, final pay processing, system enhancement and configuration
- Manage and triage People Operations ticket queue, answering routine questions, processing transactions, and escalating or assigning more complex requests as appropriate
- Provide employees with accurate and useful direction, resources, or support as needed to their queries in the quickest and most effective channel (voice, email, ticket, or instant message)
- Help to maintain and update policies, procedures, and knowledge bases to ensure current and future best support for employees
- Work with team to improve improve operational efficiency and the employee experience by identifying opportunities for automation, process and policy changes, and improved communications and documentation
- Assists in the completion of special and ad-hoc projects
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and company events
- Uphold the values of Thumbtack
What you’ll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in Human Resources, with a 2+ years of direct experience successfully handling shared services and/or payroll for employees (100-300 people)
- Fundamental understanding of the basic employee benefits and compensation in the Philippines
- Knowledge of HRMS and Payroll systems, preferably Cloudpay and Workday
- Awareness of Philippine Taxation and Labor Law
- Self starter and has the initiative to lead projects to enhance the employee experience
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to handle difficult, urgent, and sensitive personal employee situations with confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to find the best solutions for our employees
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, instant messaging, and email writing) skills
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment where processes are still being defined
Bonus points if you have
- Familiarity with Greenhouse, Slack, Coupa and Google Platform
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.