Venture Capital Content Editor (Remote)
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2023
VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate the Decile Hub platform, reducing the barriers of entry for next-generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are looking for a stellar, resourceful writer to join our team as Content Editor to help us build pieces that will inform, and engage our global audience of next-generation venture capitalists. VC Lab has leaders who have strong subject matter expertise, and years of experience in launching venture capital firms and with global legal and regulatory markets. VC Lab also has a unique perspective that we are hoping to share through proprietary data and insights for both general and limited partners.
VC Lab provides a fast-paced startup environment, where everyone has the opportunity to help with everything. You will have an opportunity to experience every facet of venture capital. This is a unique opportunity to take your content to the next level.
Remote candidates are accepted.
The Content Editor responsibilities include:
- Produce insightful content, data reports, and thought leadership and work with the Marketing Director to develop and launch an editorial calendar
- Develop a content strategy to have a leading SEO presence
- Write and edit specialized content and data reports on venture capital for in-house and external platforms
- Keep daily track of market news and industry developments, and work with our Marketing team to bring VC Lab’s voice to life
- Work with C-Suite to produce thought leadership content
- Research and write articles
- Help repurpose content from events, webinars, and other platforms
- Track content performance to inform editorial decisions and help grow our audience
- Other duties as needed
What You Have:
- 3-5+ years of experience in content creation
- Experience writing articles about venture capital
- Developed a social following in startups or in investing
- Understanding of the functional mechanics of venture capital
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and intuition
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing startup
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Vibrant work environment of passionate and capable peers
- Opportunities for personal growth and role expansion
- Perks of a fast-growing startup
- Flexible remote work environment
How to Apply:
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as a Director of Content in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submitting your resume.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.