Senior Operations Associate (Remote)
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2023
VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate the Decile Hub platform, reducing the barriers of entry and building the technology backbone for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are hiring a Senior Operations Associate to help launch and maintain multiple venture capital firms around the world by working with general partners and limited partners on their fund paperwork and governance from inception through scaling.
The ideal candidate will have a legal operations or fund operations background, with equal knowledge and experience in venture capital.
VC Lab provides a fast-paced startup environment, combined with a singularly unique opportunity to experience many facets of venture capital and acceleration. This is also a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in entrepreneurship and startups through building and scaling venture funds around the world.
VC Lab is a remote-first company.
Senior Operations Associate responsibilities include:
- Support the formation and maintenance needs of general partners around the world, potentially with expanding domiciles
- Review and assist counsel with drafting fund formation and governance documents
- Perform regulatory filings and be willing to learn about regulatory frameworks around the world
- Work with our evolving premiere SaaS for VC firms
- Help to manage legal partners, potentially around the world
- Work cross-functionally with other departments on complex and nuanced problem-solving at the intersection of business, legal, tax, accounting, etc.
- Deliver tactical business advice
What You Have:
- 3 + years of experience in venture capital
- 3 + years of experience in legal or fund operations
- Strong professional phone and videoconferencing persona
- High digital literacy, able to learn new software quickly
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Composed in high stress situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and intuition
- Proactive attitude to tackle any opportunity or challenge
- Skills to create logical solutions to complex problems
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature, particularly with respect to legal agreements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing business
- Flexible and adaptable
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Perks of a fast-growing startup
- Flexible remote work environment
- Medical and dental
- 401k benefits
- Flexible PTO
This is great fit if you…
- Want to break into the venture capital industry at a startup
- Want the ability to help change the world
- Want to work in a vibrant work environment with passionate and capable team members
- Want opportunities for personal growth and potential role expansion in operations
- Are an experienced transactional paralegal wanting to move into legal and fund operations
- Are an experienced startup or fund attorney wanting to move into legal and fund operations (and not practice law)
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience working in a startup or incubator
- Experience working with startup financings
- SaaS experience
How to Apply:
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as a Fund Formation Associate in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submit your resume.