Senior Fund Accountant (Remote)
Accounting & Finance
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Decile Group (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate DecileHub, the leading fund operations platform, reducing the barriers of entry for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are hiring a Senior Fund Accountant to partner with multiple venture capital firms by regularly meeting with general partners, assessing their needs, streamlining their financial accounting process and following up to ensure delivery. The ideal candidate will have strong fund accounting experience with venture capital and the desire to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, and operation teams.
Decile Group provides a fast-paced startup environment, where everyone has the opportunity to help with everything. You will have an opportunity to experience every facet of venture capital and build the future of venture investing. This is a unique opportunity to ramp up your experience in the field of venture capital.
Remote candidates will be considered. Applicants for this role need to be based in the U.S.
Sr. Fund Accountant responsibilities will include:
- Perform accounting, analytical, & financial reporting operations
- Help general partners make more precise decisions by utilizing our tools that provide strategic support through accurate portfolio data and report metrics
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger
- Prepare investor allocations and ensure fee/allocations are correct
- Prepare financial information for investor reports
- Partner with third party providers and produce relevant financial and investor information that supports tax preparations
- Assist in the improvement of our product and software through cross collaboration with our product and operation teams
- Help turn fund administration into a software business through consultative client engagements and efficient, industry-leading processes
What You Have:
- Have experience working in a fast-paced organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Prior experience in a customer facing role
- Have 3+ years of Venture Capital experience
- Thrives in a remote work environment
- In-depth understanding of Venture Capital Fund Administration
- Thorough understanding of Limited Partnership Agreements
- Excited about improving on the status quo
- Passionate about their work, take ownership, and deliver results
- US work authorization required, we do not support visa transfers
What We Offer:
- Tangible impact on the future of humanity
- Opportunity for career growth and role expansion
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Vibrant and flexible work environment, among like-minded people with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Working schedule for adults: flexible times, remote work, unlimited PTO
How to Apply:
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as a Sr. Fund Accountant in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submitting your resume.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.